Head of Platform
Groove Capital combines the due diligence and lead investment practices of a traditional venture fund with an active angel group to accelerate first check investments to Minnesota-based startups. To execute on the vision, the organization is seeking a high caliber, experience-oriented professional to lead the company’s community entanglement efforts.
We’re looking for an integrator who desires to build structure and efficiencies wherever possible. This person is also service-oriented, and is someone who enjoys being at the center of many relationships. As we’re still in formation mode, we desire to work with a fellow entrepreneur who is always on the lookout for ways to grow a sustainable business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect of Groove’s Co-investment Opportunities – Develop the processes, systems, and tools for ensuring a high quality experience for both founders and investors as deals flow through the platform
- Investor Onboarding – Further develop and lead all aspects of the onboarding process, develop support tools for onboarding, and continue to enhance the process
- Buildout of Systems and Tools for Investor Relations – Collect critical information on our investors, learn how we can enhance their experience
- Buildout of Startup Reporting Plans/Systems – Identify what information we need from our portfolio companies, relay those expectations to our founders, collect their monthly reports, and report key findings
- Matchmaking – Identify our entrepreneur’s needs, document them along with other startup updates, share that information with our investors, and make meaningful connections that can enhance everyone’s experience
- General Operational Excellence - Administrative oversight, event planning, and general management of people and processes
- Customer Service Leadership – Be the beating heart at the center of our community. Do what it takes to make our key stakeholders happy
- Produce Results – Strive for excellence, measure performance, and consistently look for ways to make the organization stronger
- Full time (or may begin as part-time, ramping up to full time)
- Greater Twin Cities Metro Area based
- Leadership position
- Equal opportunity employer